Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I once was blind but now I see.

"Do you intend to use your beautiful voice to praise the Lord or change the world?" William Pitt.
William Wilberforce grew up in comfort and power, yet He was called for more. Wilberforce had a destiny to change the world. He managed to impact more lives than anyone will ever know. He used his place in the parliament to abolish the slave trade. The beautiful movie "Amazing Grace" is one of my favorite movies, filled with inspirational dialog and the energy of change. It is empowering to believe that maybe we can make a change. This movie opened my eyes to the idea of social justice being combined with God's love. The two are not seperable. Just like Wilberforce, I can not feel that we are called to sit idly. Instead God is a God of Justice
Psalm 50:6 Wilberforce is one of my heroes but also such an encouragement. We can provide change.

No comments:

Post a Comment