Friday, March 4, 2011

The Kingdom

For these past two weeks I have been immersed in the idea of the Kingdom of God all thanks to my New Testament Theology class. We had to do a critical book review and after many hours of confusion in the library, I finally asked my professor to recommend a book. I anticipated an archaic tome that I would never truly understand, but my professor definately surprised me. The book Kingdom Ethics by Glen Stassen and David Gushee is the theological foundation for many of my personal convictions. It was incredible to see biblical basis for things I had learned through personal readings of both the bible and other books. I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to have Christ-centered morals. It is beautiful to see how the bible reinforces itself in creating the kingdom of God. Its a good deal of reading (nearly 500 pages) but well worth it! Go read it :)
 http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Ethics-Following-Contemporary-Context/dp/0830826688

No comments:

Post a Comment